Sunday 30 April 2017

Baby Shadow Box Gift

I attended a shower for my cousins wife yesterday and had a really good time!
I wanted to make them something special because this is their first baby, so I made a shadow box frame to display a first baby picture!
I went shopping and it was HARD to shop because we do not know the sex of the baby...so I had to stay neutral. Although they do have grey and white things on the registry so I started there....
I bought this beautiful shadow box at Walmart and then made a layout based on the interior size of the frame. Here's and interior view:
I started with a background chevron paper from DCWV and layered strips of cardstock and patterned papers (ctmh, doodlebug) and then intertwined a doily, some buttons, a title rectangle from Heidi Swapp and some gumdrops from Your Next Stamp. I also did some faux stitch stamping with an old stamp set from CTMH.

This was a fun project to create! You can customize it for any occasion and I'm sure someone would appreciate receiving it! (I know I would have loved it if someone made me one for my baby!)

Hope you enjoyed, have a wonderful day!
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment