Wednesday 15 February 2017

Sad Days....

Christmas for my family this year was pretty sad....on the 23rd of December we found out that my cousin passed away suddenly. Having just sat down to dinner with my parents and getting the phone call....... we were all in a state of shock.
At times in the past I have felt that crafting helps me through things, whether it helps for processing or maybe making something for someone makes me feel better. Sympathy cards are hard.

I had ordered this die (for my stocking!) and was waiting for the matching stamp set to come in when I decided to make this card for one of my cherished family members.

This die is a journaling card and is called: Maple Leaves by Neat and Tangled and since December I have purchased the matching stamp set.
I coloured the leaves with Zig Clean Color Markers and used a Sentiment Die from Simon Says Stamp to go with it.
I was pleased with how the card turned out and I hope it brought a
little joy to my family member on such a sad occasion.

Cheers,
Sue



3 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose a loved one but right before Christmas really makes it harder.
    Your card is really lovely and I am sure they appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. For some reason it always seems to be harder over Christmas time and I'm sure your family member really appreciated this beautiful card. Another example of your fabulous water colouring skills and green papers match perfectly. Thanks again for joining us at Little Tangles, hope we can expect to see you each month from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss. Passing away of loved ones is really a hard news to take. My sympathies.
    Love how you've created the card. Really great watercoloring. And the colors are just perfect for a sympathy card. Thank you so much, and hope to see you again at Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete